There's nothing quite like seeing a child's eyes light up when they learn something new. Light that spark early with our Young Discoverers program, a science-themed story and activity time for children aged 3 - 5 years and their guardians. Young Discoverers is held Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays from 10:30am - 11am here at the Center and is free with admission (and free for members!).
FOR CHILDREN AGED 3-5 YRS & THEIR GUARDIANS
WEDNESDAYS - FRIDAYS AT 10:30 AM
- An age-appropriate story read by one of our educators
- Activity time that will educate and entertain your child
- The opportunity to learn and have fun together
TOPICS FOR JUNE!
- Week 1: Come learn about borax crystals, and take your own home to grow overnight!
- Week 2: What is the best way to melt ice? This week YD will find out by exploring the scientific method.
- Week 3: This week our Young Discoverer’s Program moves outside as students learn about and create their own shadows.
- Week 4: What is the difference between magma and lava? Find out while our Young Discoverers make a groovy lava lamp.
TOPICS FOR JULY!
- Week 1: Welcome in our new exhibit, Planet Shark, with a fun shark themed activity!
- Week 2: Come create some cool chemical concoctions and learn more about chemistry.
- Week 3: This week we are learning about the different types of Sharks, as well as playing a fun exercise game!
- Week 4: The Ocean is a huge part of our world. This week we will learn about oil spills, and find out how to clean one up.