There's nothing quite like seeing a child's eyes light up when they learn something new. Light that spark early with our Young Discoverers program, a science-themed story and activity time for children aged 3 - 5 years and their guardians. Young Discoverers is held Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays from 10:30am - 11am here at the Center and is free with admission (and free for members!).
** PLEASE NOTE: FACILITY CLOSED OCT 2nd - OCT 20th
WEDNESDAYS - FRIDAYS AT 10:30 AM
- An age-appropriate story read by one of our educators
- Activity time that will educate and entertain your child
- The opportunity to learn and have fun together
TOPICS FOR AUGUST! EXAMPLES OF FUTURE TOPICS!
- Week 1: Let’s learn about the layers of the Earth! Come play with some play dough and make your own Earth model.
- Week 2: Do as the sharks do. Join us for a wiggle-friendly activity where we act like sharks and other animals of the sea.
- Week 3: This week we will learn more about what makes plants grow. We’ll get a chance to make mud pies and seed bombs!
- Week 4: Water is quite a liquid. Come learn about it’s awesome properties by experimenting with drops on a penny.
- Week 5: Put your scientist caps on and let’s do an experiment that bubbles and grows!