2020-2021 STUDENT VOUCHERS
We are excited to launch the new Student Voucher option for schools to take the place of large group field trips during the 2020-2021 school year. We hope that the student vouchers will amplify the usual school field trip experience by extending STEM learning beyond the classroom to the home, for a more flexible, whole-family experience.
Student Vouchers can be purchased in bulk by classroom teachers, districts, micro schools or homeschool pods with a minimum of 7 school-age students in the class for individual distribution to students.
Here is some quick information to get you started:
EACH VOUCHER OFFERS:
- Flexible student access to the Discovery Center of Idaho’s exhibitions: King Tut: Treasures of the Tomb and TINKER THE T-REX!
- Discounted 50% off admission for one adult per student voucher (every additional visitor pays full price admission)
- Access to our Educator Resource Guide and a gallery guide, which can be used in the classroom to compliment your visit!
PROGRAMS REQUIREMENTS & COST
- Must be a K-12 educational group
- Payment is needed before your arrival
- No reservation needed; Walk-in basis
- Groups of more than 10 people are not permitted to enter the Center together at one time
- Vouchers are intended to be distributed to families to attend at their own convenience.
- Families must follow DCI safety guidelines and policies
2020-2021 School Year Exhibitions and Pricing:
NEEDS-BASED SCHOLARSHIPS. Additional needs-based scholarships are available for qualifying groups. Qualifying groups are identified by the *school’s percentage of students who are eligible for free and reduced lunches (FRL). Scholarships are not available for homeschools, pods and micro-school groups.
Due to the generous support of our community and members, we are able to offer reduced admission pricing for groups visiting the Center. We recognize that there are many shapes and forms of need and are grateful to be able to offer additional scholarship assistance through the support of our community partners and sponsors including:
- Idaho STEM Action Center
- Applied Materials Foundation
HOW TO RESERVE YOUR VOUCHERS
- Click here and fill out this form
- Payment is needed upon your voucher order.
- Accepted forms of payment: Credit Card, Debit Card
- Our Education Team will contact you soon to complete your purchase and answer your questions over the phone.
If you have any more questions or need additional information, contact our Education Department at 208.343.9895 ext. 234 or firstname.lastname@example.org.