NEW - Required Timed Entry
Our top priority is keeping our visitors, staff and community safe, that is why Discovery Center of Idaho is now offering timed entry admission with limited capacity. Timed entry means 60 min visiting intervals throughout the day with 50 visitor max capacity (see options below). Whether you are a paying visitor or a member, please sign up for your desired time prior to visiting. You will receive a confirmation email with your tickets that you can scan at the front desk when you arrive for easy, hands free entry! You can sign up up to a week in advance. We are so excited to see you!
You can also expect some other important changes at the Center upon your first visit since our closure. To learn more about what to expect, read a letter from our Executive Director HERE so you can be prepared for your visit!
Thank you for supporting lifelong learning in STEM! The Discovery Center is thrilled to be open to the public again for exploring. There are some important changes you should know before your visit.
- Advanced tickets are now REQUIRED.*
- Hands-on exhibits have been temporarily removed and the Young Learner's area is CLOSED.
- Masks are REQUIRED for your entire visit.
- Card ONLY. No cash is accepted at this time
- King Tut: Treasures of the Tomb is the current featured exhibition. Learn more HERE!
Be sure you're up to date on all changes at the Center by reading a letter from our Executive Director below. We hope to see you soon!
*Walk-ins are accepted, however, availability is not guaranteed. Call our Front Desk at 208.343.9895 for more information.
Reserve your tickets up to 1 week in advance. Timed entry means you may arrive during the 30 minute time specified on your ticket. Late or early arrival is not permitted.
- Monday: Closed - No Times Available
- Tuesday-Saturday: Every 30 minutes from 10am - 3:30pm
- Sunday: Every 30 minutes from 12pm - 3:30pm
IMPORTANT: All sales are final. No refunds, transfers, or exchanges will be issued. No cash accepted. Credit/Debit cards only.
Are you a member? Click HERE to learn how to sign up for your visit!
- Sunday | 12pm - 4:30pm
- Monday | CLOSED
- Tuesday | 10am - 4:30pm
- Wednesday | 10am - 4:30pm
- Thursday | 10am - 4:30pm
- Friday | 10am - 4:30pm
- Saturday | 10am - 4:30pm
Closed: New Years, Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas
*No Admission After 4pm.
**Spring means busy field trip season at the Center! We know a Center full of students isn't always the best experience for some of our youngest visitors or those sensitive to large crowds and sounds. Feel free to call ahead if you'd like to check our field trip schedule prior to planning your visit. We can help you find a quieter time to enjoy the Center!
- Adult (18+) $18.00
- Senior (65+) $17.00
- Youth (2-17) $12.00
- Infant (Under 2) FREE
- EBT Cardholders* $3
- Adult (18+) FREE
- Senior (65+) FREE
- Youth (2-17) FREE
- Infant (Under 2) FREE
Get unlimited access with an annual membership! Learn more here.
*Up to 4 family members. Other promotions and discounts do not apply to Museums for All admission. Special exhibition pricing not included. Discount is not available through online timed tickets. Call 208.343.9895 to find available times.
**Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable to other dates/times.
- Health and Safety Policy: If you are sick—for example, if you have a fever, cough, flu-like illness, diarrhea or are vomiting—please delay visiting until you're well.
- Unattended Child Policy: Children under the age of 12 may not enter the Discovery Center of Idaho unless accompanied by a person of the age of 16 or older during the entire duration of their visit.
- Weapons Policy: In the interest of maintaining a safe and welcoming family environment, the Discovery Center prohibits weapons on the premises. This includes firearms, knives and any other objects the staff deems a threat to our visitors safety.
- Non-discrimination Policy: Science helps us understand that diversity in our natural world creates strength and nurtures life. We value diversity and inclusion and seek to create an environment where all individuals feel included, heard, and able to succeed. Discriminatory language and/or behavior is not permitted within our facility.
For general inquiries, call (208)343-9895 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions within a department, please refer to the following list.
- Donations, sponsorships, Annual Gala & all other development-related inquiries: email@example.com
- Field trips, outreach, educational content & all other education-related inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private events, birthday parties, Adult Nights & all other event-related inquiries: email@example.com
- Memberships, gift memberships, renewals & all other membership-related inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marketing opportunities, press interviews & all other marketing-related inquiries: email@example.com